A note about The Cuddlywumps Chronicles

This blog is written and maintained by Miss Cuddlywumps, a fluffy-tailed calico cat who is both classically educated and familiar with mysteries. She receives creative input from the Real Cats and clerical assistance from She of Little Talent (old SoLT, a.k.a. Roby Sweet). Comments or complaints should be addressed to Miss C rather than to old SoLt (Ms. Sweet). Ms. Sweet accepts no responsibility for Miss C's opinions.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Heart You, I Hurt You: A Valentine from Tortie Troublemaker


Happy Valentine’s Day, friends! We so appreciate you all for spending a few moments of your day with us. Today we’re very pleased to welcome Tortie Troublemaker (a.k.a. Real Cat Paisley) to the blog. It seems she has written a poem for Valentine’s Day. We think any of you whose feline companions get “prickly” (a.k.a. “scratchy” and/or “bitey”) will be able to relate. It's titled "I Heart You, I Hurt You."




You pet me, you stroke me, you tell me I’m great.
I heart you.
You sleep in, you dawdle, my breakfast is late.
I hurt you.
You scoop out my box and make it all clean.
I heart you.
You try a weird litter. “Improved”? No, it’s mean.
I hurt you.
You sit still for hours, I sleep in your lap.
I heart you.
You “have to go pee” and disturb my nice nap.
I hurt you.
You bring me fun toys, like feathers and balls.
I heart you.
You have a big fit if I scratch up the walls.
I hurt you.
You gave me a home, keep me happy and safe.
We play “catch the feather,” and around the room we race.
You tell me I’m special, that I’m number one.
Whatever we do, we always have fun.
I know that you love me, even when I scratch.
Of all the humans in the world, you’re my perfect match.
I heart you! I heart you! I heart you!

Candy Hearts photo, "I heart you"
Photo credit: Jason Stitt, via Adobe Stock.

7 comments:

  1. That was very nice. Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was just too cute and oh so true! Happy Valentine's Day!!! xoxoxo catchatwithcarenandcody

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just purrfect, Paisley! Us torties are quite the poets, aren't we? --Mudpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paisley that is a sweet poem! You did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to be late but happy V-day to you! Tortie troublemaker...Hahahaa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heart and Hurt are not far away from each other, huh :D We hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day, Paisley :) Double Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend :) <3

    ReplyDelete